Mr. Gregersen recently rejoined the firm in June 2018 after serving a term as a Member and Chair of the California Public Employment Relations Board.
Prior to that, Mr. Gregersen held several high-profile positions including serving as the Director of Labor and Work Force Strategy for the City of Sacramento where he was the chief negotiator for 15 bargaining units and provided strategic oversight to the labor relations function.
Mr. Gregersen has many years of local government human resource management and labor relations experience in the states of Wisconsin, Nevada and California. His experience includes all human resource management functions: labor relations, classification and compensation, recruitment and selection, training and organizational development, workers’ compensation and risk management, payroll and benefits administration, and equal employment opportunity.
Mr. Gregersen’s labor relations experience is extensive. He has served as chief negotiator in over 70 public sector labor contracts which included representing employers in the impasse processes of mediation, fact-finding and binding interest arbitration. He has represented cities, counties, and non-profit agencies. He has worked with unions representing all categories of employees, supervisors, managers, attorneys, engineers, police officers, fire fighters, and specialty crafts.
Mr. Gregersen has held the following high-profile positions:
- Member/Chair California Public Employment Relations Board
- Director of Labor and Work Force Strategy, City of Sacramento
- Director of Human Resources, Napa County California
- Director of Human Resources, El Dorado County California
- Director of Human Resources, City of Sunnyvale, California
- Assistant County Manager, Washoe County, Nevada
- Director of Human Resources, City of Vallejo, California
- Director of Human Resources, City of Reno, Nevada
- Director of Labor Relations, City of Reno, Nevada
- California Public Employer Labor Relations Association
- International Public Management Association-Human Resources
- Society for Human Resource Management