Managing Partner Tim Yeung will be participating in a CALPELRA-hosted webinar on how to approach the bargaining process in these unprecedented and fiscally uncertain times.
Potential public sector negotiators will learn:
- How to initiate the bargaining process to allow timely implementation of cost-saving and other needed changes.
- Strategies for bringing the union to the table when you are faced with closed contracts.
- When changed circumstances justify changing prior bargaining proposals.
- How to deal with union delays and dilatory tactics.
- Which changes must be bargained, including the difference between bargaining the effects and bargaining the decision.
- What constitutes legal “hard bargaining,” and when it is effective and appropriate.
- Why you must plan for impasse and unilateral adoption when you initiate bargaining.
- How to determine when you are legally at impasse, how to effectively manage the impasse process.
- How to use the statutory factfinding timelines to avoid unnecessarily prolonging the impasse process.
- How to prepare, structure, and implement the last, best, and final offer.
The webinar is scheduled for June 29th from 10 AM to noon; please register here. Joining Tim will be Janet Cory Sommer, Chief Executive Officer of CALPELRA, and Jonathan Holtzman, Partner at the Renne Public Law Group.