The firm is dedicated to guiding employers through California’s maze of labor and employment laws. Our mission is to provide strategic advice and training to employers so that workplace issues are resolved quickly and efficiently. To accomplish this, we tailor our approach to the unique needs of each client.
Our success in assisting employers is widely recognized throughout California. Our attorneys have represented clients in dozens of published decisions involving cutting-edge legal issues. Our attorneys also regularly publish articles on labor and employment law topics and are frequent speakers at conferences around the state.
- Advice and counsel on employment law issues, including discrimination, harassment, and retaliation complaints, leave issues, and wage and hour issues.
- Responding to requests for reasonable accommodation under FEHA/ ADA and engaging in the interactive process
- Managing absent employees without violating the FMLA, CFRA, ADA, FEHA or the myriad of other leave laws
- Discipline and discharge of employees, including assessing risk, advising on due process procedures, and reviewing or preparing documentation
- Internal police investigations and discipline, including compliance with the Public Safety Officers Procedural Bill of Rights Act and the Firefighters Procedural Bill of Rights Act
- Implementing and enforcing drug and alcohol policies
- Developing lawful hiring and background screening processes
- Designing workplace violence prevention programs and managing incidents of violence or threatened violence, including obtaining restraining orders or injunctions
- Drafting employment policies and employment manuals
- Compliance with FLSA overtime standards, including exempt classification issues
- Advising on layoffs and furloughs
- Providing the full range of litigation services related to employment law matters (See Litigation Practice Area for a full description of services)