Our public agency law practice emphasizes providing advice as general counsel that takes into account the practical realities faced by local government decision-makers and administrators. Our goal is to provide local officials with knowledge of all legal options and the pros and cons of each so that they are confident in making difficult decisions. We also ensure that local officials conduct their business in a manner that complies with all federal and state laws so that they may focus on the critical policy issues they are charged with addressing.
- Serving as contract city attorney/general counsel
- Drafting charter amendments and ordinances
- Employment advice and personnel actions
- Labor relations and labor negotiations
- Land use, CEQA, and development issues
- Negotiation of development agreements
- Advice on and resolution of complex and sensitive constitutional issues, including First Amendment issues
- Advising public agencies on the Brown Act, Public Records Act, sunshine legislation and other laws governing the local government decision-making and operations.