When disputes proceed to litigation, the firm provides an aggressive, vigorous response. When litigation is filed, we immediately assess both the facts and the law and then identify the strengths and weaknesses of the case. We then work closely with the client in order to develop the litigation strategy that best suits the client’s needs. Once a litigation strategy is set, we implement the strategy in the most cost effective manner possible.
We have litigated extensively before state and federal courts, arbitrators, and administrative tribunals in virtually all aspects of public workplace law. Our attorneys have an impressive record of success at knocking out lawsuits on summary judgment. Where it is necessary to go the distance, we have skilled trial lawyers who are at home in the courtroom and in front of juries.
- Handling arbitrations, including labor arbitrations involving collective bargaining issues and discipline
- Handling administrative hearings before PERB, NLRB, CalOHSA, CalPERS, and the California Labor Commissioner.
- Defending lawsuits in both state and federal courts, including extensive experience with complex discovery and law and motion practice.
- Firm attorneys have conducted numerous bench and jury trials.
- Defending writs of mandate and administrative mandamus on behalf of public entities
- Handling appeals of civil matters and writ actions in the courts of appeal and California Supreme Court.